14b NCAC 17 .0105 PROHIBITED ACTS
In addition to the prohibited acts set forth elsewhere in this Subchapter and in Chapter 74D of the General Statutes, an applicant, licensee, or registrant who does any of the following shall have his or her application denied or his or her license or registration revoked or suspended:
(1) displays, causes or permits to be displayed, or has in his or her possession any cancelled, revoked, suspended, fictitious, fraudulently-altered license or registration identification card, or any document simulating a license or registration identification card or purporting to be or to have been issued as a license or registration identification card;
(2) lends his or her license or registration identification card to another person or allows the use thereof by another;
(3) displays or represents any license or registration identification card not issued to him or her as being his or her license or registration identification card;
(4) includes in any advertisement a statement that implies an official State-authorized certification or approval other than this statement: "Licensed by the Alarm Systems Licensing Board of the State of North Carolina." Licensees may include their license number;
(5) includes in the company name the word "police" or other law enforcement designation that implies that the alarm company is affiliated with a local, state, or federal law enforcement agency; or
(6) makes any false statement or gives any false information to a third party provider in connection with any criminal history record check provided to the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74D-5; 74D-6; 74D-10;
Temporary Rule Eff. January 9, 1984, for a Period of 120 Days to Expire on May 7, 1984;
Eff. May 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2014; August 1, 2007;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 11 .0105 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Readopted Eff. June 1, 2018.