14B NCAC 17 .0306 RENEWAL OR REREGISTRATION OF REGISTRATION
(a) Each applicant for renewal of a registration identification card or his employer shall complete a form provided by the Board. This form shall be submitted not less than 30 days prior to expiration of the applicant's current card and shall be accompanied by:
(1) two head and shoulders color photographs of the applicant of acceptable quality for identification and made within 90 days of the application one inch by one inch in size;
(2) statements of the result of a local criminal history records search by the City or County Bureau or Clerk of Superior Court in each county where the applicant has resided within the immediately preceding 24 months; and
(3) the applicant's renewal fee.
(b) Each licensee shall provide each applicant for registration or re-registration an application form provided by the Board. This form shall be submitted to the Board and accompanied by:
(1) two head and shoulders photographs of the applicant of acceptable quality for identification and made within 90 days of the application one inch by one inch in size; and
(2) the applicant's reregistration fee.
(c) The employer of each applicant for a registration renewal or reregistration shall give the applicant a copy of the application which will serve as a record of application for renewal and shall retain a copy of the applicant's renewal application in the individual's personnel file in the employer's office.
(d) Members of the armed forces whose registrations are in good standing and to whom G.S. 105-249.2 grants an extension of time to file a tax return are granted that same extension of time to pay the registration renewal fee and to complete the continuing education requirements prescribed by Section .0500 of this Chapter. A copy of the military order or the extension approval by the Internal Revenue Service or by the North Carolina Department of Revenue must be furnished to the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74D-7; 74D-8; 93B-15;
Temporary Rule Eff. January 9, 1984, for a Period of 120 Days to Expire on May 7, 1984;
Eff. May 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2012; July 1, 2010; March 1, 1993; December 1, 1988; July 1, 1987;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 11 .0306 Eff. July 1, 2015;
Readopted Eff. June 1, 2018.