SECTION .0500 - CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR LICENSEES
14B NCAC 17 .0501 DEFINITIONS
In addition to the definitions set forth in Rule .0103 of this Section, the following definitions shall apply to this Section:
(1) "continuing education" or "CE" refers to any educational activity approved by the Board to be a continuing education activity.
(2) "credit hour" means sixty minutes of continuing education instruction.
(3) "year" refers to the calendar year after the issuance of a new or renewal license.
(4) "licensee" shall refer to an individual who holds an alarm systems business license issued by the Board.
(5) "registrant" shall refer to an individual who holds an alarm systems business registration permit issued by the Board. Only registrants who engage in installation, service, sales, or monitoring of alarm systems shall be required to complete the continuing education requirements.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74D-2; 74D-5;
Eff. May 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. July 18, 2002;
Transferred and Recodified from 12 NCAC 11 .0501 Eff. July 1, 2015.