SECTION .0300 - PETITIONS FOR RULEMAKING
15A NCAC 03P .0301 FORM AND CONTENTS OF PETITION
(a) Any person wishing to request the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule of the Marine Fisheries Commission (hereinafter referred to as the Commission) shall make his request in a written petition addressed to the Chairman of the Marine Fisheries Commission and submitted to the Commission staff at:
Marine Fisheries Commission
Division of Marine Fisheries
PO Box 769
Morehead City, North Carolina 28557.
(b) The petition shall contain the following information:
(1) the text of the proposed rule(s);
(2) the statutory authority for the agency to promulgate the rule(s);
(3) a statement of the reasons for adoption of the proposed rule(s);
(4) a statement of the effect on existing rules;
(5) copies of any documents and data supporting the proposed rule(s);
(6) a statement of the effect of the proposed rule(s) on existing practices in the area involved, including an estimate of cost factors for persons affected by the proposed rule(s);
(7) a description of those most likely to be affected by the proposed rule(s); and
(8) the name(s) and address(es) of the petitioner(s).
(c) When petitions and supporting documents and data exceed 10 pages in length, 15 copies of the entire petition and any attachments shall be submitted.
(d) Petitions failing to contain the required information shall be returned by the Marine Fisheries Commission Chairman.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113-182; 113-182.1; 113-201; 143B‑289.51; 143B-289.52; 150B-20;
Eff. April 1, 1999.