15A NCAC 07J .0605 PETITIONS FOR RULEMAKING
(a) Any person wishing to request the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule shall make this request in a petition addressed to the Division of Coastal Management. The petition shall specify it is filed pursuant to G.S. 150B‑20 and shall contain the following information:
(1) either a draft of the proposed rule or a summary of its contents;
(2) a statement of reasons for adoption of the proposed rule(s);
(3) a statement of the effect on existing rules or orders;
(4) any data in support of the proposed rule(s);
(5) a statement of the effect of the proposed rule on existing practices; and
(6) the name and address of the petitioner.
(b) The petition will be placed on the agenda for the next regularly scheduled commission meeting, if received at least four weeks prior to the meeting, and the director shall prepare a recommended response to the petition for the Commission's consideration. Petitions will be considered in accordance with the requirements of G.S. 150B‑20.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A‑124; 150B‑20;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1992.