15A NCAC 10F .0339 MCDOWELL COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters located on Lake James in McDowell County, as designated by the United States Aids to Navigation system:
(1) that area adjacent to the shoreline of the McDowell Wildlife Club property;
(2) that area adjacent to the shoreline of the Marion Moose Club property;
(3) that area known as Morgan Cove;
(4) that area within 50 yards of the shoreline at the New Manna Baptist Youth Camp;
(5) that area within 50 yards of the shoreline at Burnett's Landing;
(6) the cove area adjacent to the State Park swimming area;
(7) the cove area adjacent to the State Park picnic area and dock;
(8) that area within 50 yards of camping areas in the Lake James State Park;
(9) that area within 50 yards of the boat launching ramp at the Marion Lake Club;
(10) that area within 50 yards in either direction from the marina docks in Plantation Point Cove;
(11) that area of Goodman's Landing Cove within 50 yards of the swimming area and boat docks of Goodman's Campground;
(12) that area beginning at the rock shoals located at Deerfield Campground downstream for a distance of approximately 200 yards;
(13) that area along the shoreline of the development known as Lakeview Pointe;
(14) that area at the Waterglyn Subdivision Cove;
(15) that area at the North Fork of the Catawba River where it enters Lake James;
(16) that area within 50 yards of the Bear Creek Marina; and
(17) that cove which is bounded by Waterglyn Subdivision to the west beginning at the point of the shoreline known as the Island and extending in a straight line eastward to the boundary between the Carrier and Finger property within Lakeview Shores Subdivision.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any motorboat or vessel at greater than no-wake speed within any of the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Restricted Swimming Areas. No person operating or responsible for the operation of any vessel, surfboard or waterskis shall permit the same to enter any marked swimming area located on the regulated area.
(d) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of McDowell County is designated a suitable agency for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. August 23, 1981;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996; December 1, 1993; March 1, 1992; April 1, 1991;
Temporary Amendment Eff. February 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1998;
Temporary Amendment Eff. February 4, 2000; April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000;
Temporary Amendment Eff. May 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2010; July 1, 2008; July 18, 2002.