15A NCAC 11 .0213 ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: REGISTERED SERVICES
(a) An applicant for registration of diagnostic area radiation survey, diagnostic radiation output measurements or therapeutic calibration services pursuant to Rule .0205 of this Section shall meet the following additional requirements:
(1) The applicant shall have adequate radiation survey and radiation measurement equipment appropriate to the services requested for authorization.
(2) The applicant shall ensure that the equipment in Subparagraph (a)(1) of this Rule is calibrated at least every 12 months by persons registered to provide such services pursuant to Rule .0205 of this Section, except as provided in Subparagraph (a)(3) of this Rule. The agency may approve less frequent calibration of equipment used for therapy calibration, provided the applicant satisfies the agency that the proposed frequency and procedures will provide equivalent or better assurance of proper calibration.
(3) The applicant may perform the equipment calibrations required in Subparagraph (a)(2) of this Rule provided that:
(A) such calibrations are currently traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology;
(B) the calibration procedures are approved by the agency;
(C) the radiation sources used for such calibration are licensed or registered as required by the rules in this Chapter; and
(D) the equipment is labeled to indicate the date of calibration and records of the calibration are maintained.
(4) The applicant shall submit:
(A) a description of the procedures that will be used in performing area radiation surveys including a list of all guides and references to the employed;
(B) a copy of all forms, reports and documents that will be supplied to customers;
(C) samples of three different types of surveys;
(D) samples of three reports of diagnostic radiation output measurements; and
(E) samples of three therapeutic calibration reports.
(b) An applicant for registration of services pursuant to Rule .0205 of this Section who proposes to provide diagnostic radiographic, fluoroscopic and therapeutic facility and shielding design services shall meet the following additional requirements:
(1) The applicant shall submit examples of the facility and shielding design which will be provided to clients.
(2) The applicant shall submit examples of the calculations which will be performed as part of the facility and shielding design along with any guides, occupancy factor rationales, and workload estimation rationales which will be used.
(3) The applicant shall ensure that the facility and shielding design services provided to licensees and registrants of the agency satisfy the applicable requirements in this Chapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E‑7;
Eff. June 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1993.