15A NCAC 11 .0524 SPECIFIC LICENSE FOR INDUSTRIAL RADIOGRAPHY
An application for a specific license for the use of licensed material in industrial radiography shall be approved if the applicant meets the following requirements:
(1) the applicant satisfies the general requirements specified in Rules .0317 and .0323 of this Chapter for radioactive material, as appropriate, and any special requirements contained in this Section;
(2) the applicant submits a program for training radiographers and radiographers' assistants, that meets the requirements of Rule .0323 of this Chapter and Rule .0510 of this Section.
(3) the applicant submits procedures for verifying and documenting the certification status of radiographers and for ensuring that the certification of individuals acting as radiographers remains valid;
(4) the applicant submits written operating and emergency procedures as described in Rule .0323 of this Chapter and Rule .0513 of this Section;
(5) the applicant submits a description of a program for inspections of the job performance of each radiographer and radiographers' assistant at intervals not to exceed six months as described in Rule .0323 of this Chapter;
(6) the applicant submits a description of the applicant's overall organizational structure as it applies to the radiation safety responsibilities in industrial radiography, including specified delegation of authority and responsibility;
(7) the applicant identifies and lists the qualifications of the individual(s) designated as the radiation safety officer and potential designees responsible for ensuring that the licensee's radiation safety program is implemented in accordance with the requirements of this Chapter;
(8) If an applicant intends to perform leak testing of sealed sources or exposure devices containing depleted uranium shielding, the applicant shall describe the procedures for performing and the qualifications of the person(s) authorized to do the leak testing. If the applicant intends to analyze its own wipe samples, the application shall include a description of the procedures to be followed. The description shall include the:
(a) instruments to be used;
(b) methods of performing the analysis; and
(c) pertinent experience of the person who will analyze the wipe samples;
(9) If the applicant intends to perform "in-house" calibrations of survey instruments, the applicant shall describe methods to be used and the relevant experience of the person(s) who will perform the calibrations. All calibrations shall be performed according to the procedures described and at the intervals prescribed in Rule .0506 of this Section;
(10) The applicant identifies and describes the location(s) of all field stations and permanent radiographic installations; and
(11) The applicant identifies the locations where all records required by this Section and other Sections of this Chapter will be maintained.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E-7; 104E-10(b);
Eff. April 1, 1999.