15A NCAC 11 .1241 INSPECTION
(a) The agency may require at any disposal site that the licensee provide appropriate office and storage space for a resident inspector who is employed by the agency.
(b) The agency may require the licensee to refuse acceptance of low‑level radioactive waste from any generator, if the agency makes one or more of the following determinations:
(1) the generator has shipped waste to the licensee's facility without filing the manifest required in Rule .1633 of this Chapter;
(2) the generator has improperly described waste in a manifest contrary to the requirements in Rule .1633 of this Chapter;
(3) the generator has shipped to the licensee's facility waste which is prohibited by any rule of this Chapter or by condition of the site operator's license;
(4) the generator has shipped to the licensee's facility improperly labeled or packaged containers of waste; or
(5) the generator has failed to comply with applicable rules of this Chapter.
(c) In the event that the agency prohibits the licensee from receiving waste from any generator pursuant to Paragraph (b) of this Rule, the agency shall notify the licensee and the generator both verbally and in writing, stating the nature and basis for the prohibition, the corrective actions required to terminate the prohibition and the rights of the affected persons regarding the prohibition.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E‑7; 104E‑10(b); 104E‑11; 104E‑12; 104E‑25; 104E‑26;
Eff. December 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1994.