15A NCAC 11 .1647 REPORTS OF RADIATION EXCEEDING THE LIMITS
(a) In addition to the notification required by Rule .1646 of this Section, each licensee or registrant shall submit a written report within 30 days after learning of any of the following occurrences:
(1) any incident for which notification is required by Rule .1646 of this Section;
(2) doses in excess of any of the following:
(A) the occupational dose limits for adults in Rule .1604 of this Section;
(B) the occupational dose limits for a minor in Rule .1609 of this Section;
(C) the limits for an embryo/fetus of a declared pregnant woman in Rule .1610 of this Section;
(D) the limits for an individual member of the public in Rule .1611 of this Section;
(E) any applicable limit in the license; or
(F) The ALARA constraints for air emissions established in Rule .1603 of this Section;
(3) levels of radiation or concentrations of radioactive material in:
(A) a restricted area in excess of any applicable limit in the license; or
(B) an unrestricted area in excess of 10 times any applicable limit set forth in this Section or in the license, whether or not involving exposure of any individual in excess of the limits in Rule .1611 of this Section.
(b) Each report required by Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall describe the extent of exposure of individuals to radiation and radioactive material, including, as appropriate:
(1) estimates of each individual's dose;
(2) the levels of radiation and concentrations of radioactive material involved;
(3) the cause of the elevated exposures, dose rates, or concentrations; and
(4) corrective steps taken or planned to ensure against a recurrence, including the schedule for achieving conformance with applicable limits, ALARA constraints, generally applicable environmental standards, and associated license conditions.
(c) Each report filed pursuant to Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall include for each occupationally overexposed individual: the name, social security account number, and date of birth. With respect to the limit for the embryo/fetus required by Rule .1610 of this Section, the identifying information shall be that of the declared pregnant woman. The report shall be prepared so that this information is stated in a separate and detachable part of the report.
(d) Reports made by licensees or registrants in response to the requirements of this Rule shall be addressed to the agency as specified in Rule .0111 of this Chapter.
(e) Any reports made by licensees or registrants in response to the requirements of this Rule shall also be provided to the exposed individual. The copy submitted to the exposed individual shall be transmitted at a time no later than the transmittal to the agency.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E-7(a)(2); 104E-12(a);
Eff. January 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999; August 1, 1998.