15A NCAC 14A .0502 DEFINITIONS
As used in these Rules:
(1) "Board" means the Governor's Waste Management Board established pursuant to Part 4A of Article 7 of Chapter 143B of the General Statutes.
(2) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Board.
(3) "City" means a municipal corporation defined by G.S. 160A‑1.
(4) "Commission" means the North Carolina Hazardous Waste Management Commission established pursuant to Chapter 130B of the General Statutes.
(5) "County" means any one of the counties listed in G.S. 153A‑10.
(6) "Days" means calendar days.
(7) "Facility" means a hazardous waste facility defined by G.S. 130A-290.
(8) "File" or "Filing" means to place the paper or item to be filed into the care and custody of the Executive Director of the Board and acceptance thereof by him. All documents filed with the Board, except exhibits, shall be in letter size 8 1/2" by 11".
(9) "Non‑party" means any person who is not a party.
(10) "Operator" means a private operator or the Hazardous Waste Management Commission or a person employed by the Hazardous Waste Management Commission pursuant to G.S. 130B‑7.
(11) "Ordinance" means a local ordinance, resolution or other action by a county, city, town or other unit or agency of local government including health, environmental or land use regulations, taxes, fees or charges.
(12) "Party" means the person who submits a petition, or the city or county that adopted the ordinance that is the subject of the petition.
(13) "Person" means an individual; corporation; company; association; partnership; unit of government, agency, authority or commission at the local, state or federal level; or other legal entity.
(14) "Service" or "Serve" means personal delivery or, unless otherwise provided by law or rule, delivery by first class United States Postal Service mail or a licensed overnight express mail service, postage prepaid and addressed to the party at his or her last known address. Service on the Board means personal delivery by first class United States Postage Service mail or a licensed overnight express mail service, postage prepaid and addressed to the Executive Director, Governor's Waste Management Board, P.O. Box 27687, Raleigh, N.C. 27611‑7687. A Certificate of Service by the person making the service shall be appended to every document requiring service under these rules. Service by mail or with licensed overnight express mail is complete upon placing the item to be served, enclosed in a wrapper addressed to the person to be served, with sufficient postage affixed, in an official depository of the United States Postal Service or upon delivery, postage prepaid and wrapped in a wrapper addressed to the person to be served, to an agent of the overnight express mail service.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑293; 143B‑285.13(14);
Eff. February 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. January 4, 1993.