15A NCAC 01C .0406 SAMPLING, SURVEY, MONITORING, AND RELATED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Sampling, survey, monitoring and research activities do not require the filing of environmental documentation. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Aerial photography projects involving the photographing or mapping of the lands of the state;
(2) Biology sampling and monitoring of:
(a) Fisheries resources through the use of traditional commercial fishing gear, electricity, and rotenone; and
(b) Wildlife resources through the use of traditional techniques, including but not limited to traps, drugs, and firearms;
(3) Soil survey projects involving the sampling or mapping of the soils of the state;
(4) Establishing stream gaging stations for the purpose of measuring water flow at a particular site;
(5) Placement of monitoring wells for the purpose of measuring groundwater levels, quantity, or quality;
(6) Gathering surface or subsurface information on the geology, minerals, or energy resources, of the state.
(7) Placement and use of geodetic survey control points;
(8) Other routine survey and resource monitoring activities, or other temporary activities required for research into the environment which do not have adverse effects; and
(9) Investigation and assessment of sites contaminated with regulated substances.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A‑4; 113A‑6; 113A‑9; 113A‑10; 113A-11; 113A-12; 143B‑10;
Eff. April 1, 2003.