15A NCAC 01C .0407 STANDARD MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR ACTIVITIES
Standard maintenance or repair activities, if needed to maintain the originally defined function of an existing project or facility (but without expansion, increase in quantity, decrease in quality, use, or release of hazardous waste), do not require the filing of environmental documents. These activities include but are not limited to maintenance and repair of the following:
(1) Housekeeping projects which maintain a facility's original condition and physical features, including re-roofing and minor alterations where in-kind materials and techniques are used. This also encompasses structures 50 years of age and older and for which no separate law, rule, or regulation dictates a formal review and approval process;
(2) Roads, bridges, parking lots, and their related facilities;
(3) Utilities on their existing rights-of-way;
(4) Surface drainage systems;
(5) Boat ramps, docks, piers, bulkheads, rip rap, breakwaters and associated facilities;
(6) Diked, high ground dredge-material disposal areas;
(7) Activities necessary to fulfill the existing requirements of in-effect permits for the protection of the environment and human health;
(8) Other maintenance and repair activities on projects which are consistent with previously approved environmental documents; and
(9) Routine grounds maintenance and landscaping of sidewalks, trails, walls, gates, and related facilities, including outdoor exhibits.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A‑4; 113A‑6; 113A‑9; 113A‑10; 113A-11; 113A-12; 143B‑10;
Eff. April 1, 2003.