15A NCAC 02B .0232 NEUSE RIVER BASIN- NUTRIENT SENSITIVE WATERS MANAGEMENT STRATEGY: BASIN NUTRIENT REDUCTION GOAL
(a) Pursuant to 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996) N.C. Session Laws, c. 572, the Environmental Management Commission hereby establishes the goal of reducing the average annual load of nitrogen delivered to the Neuse River Estuary from point and nonpoint sources by a minimum of 30 percent of the average annual load for the period 1991 through 1995 by the year 2001. All waters of the Neuse River Basin have been supplementally classified as Nutrient Sensitive Waters (NSW) pursuant to 15A NCAC 2B .0223. The following rules shall be implemented in accordance with 15A NCAC 2B .0223 in all waters of the Neuse River Basin:
(1) Rule .0233 for protection and maintenance of riparian areas,
(2) Rule .0234 for wastewater discharges,
(3) Rule .0235 for urban stormwater management,
(4) Rules .0236 and .0238 for agricultural nitrogen reduction,
(5) Rule .0239 for nutrient management, and
(6) Rule .0240 for nitrogen offset fees.
(b) Failure to meet requirements of Rules .0233, .0234, .0235, .0236, .0238, .0239, and .0240 of this Section may result in imposition of enforcement measures as authorized by G.S. 143-215.6A (civil penalties), G.S. 143-215.6B (criminal penalties), and G.S. 143-215.6C (injunctive relief).
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-214.1; 143-214.7; 143-215.1; 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.6A; 143-215.6B;
Eff. August 1, 1998.