15A NCAc 02c .0114 DATA AND RECORDS REQUIRED
(a) Well Cuttings.
(1) The well contractor shall collect and furnish samples of formation cuttings to the Division from a well the well contractor has drilled when such samples are requested by the Division prior to completion of the drilling or boring activities.
(2) The well contractor shall obtain samples or representative cuttings for depth intervals not exceeding 10 feet. The well contractor shall also collect representative cuttings at depths of each change in formation.
(3) The well contractor shall place samples of cuttings in containers furnished by the Division and such containers shall be filled, sealed and labeled with indelible‑type markers, showing the well owner, well number if applicable, and depth interval the sample represents.
(4) The well contractor shall place each set of samples in a container(s) showing the location, owner, well number if applicable, the well contractor's name, depth interval, and date.
(5) The well contractor shall retain samples until delivery instructions are received from the Division or for a period of at least 60 days after the well record form (GW‑1), indicating said samples are available, has been received by the Division.
(6) If the well contractor furnishes samples to any person or agency other than the Division, this does not constitute compliance with the department's request and shall not relieve the well contractor of his or her obligation to the Division.
(1) Any person completing or abandoning any well shall submit to the Division a record of the construction or abandonment. For water supply wells, a copy of each completion or abandonment record shall also be submitted to the health department responsible for the county in which the well is located. The record shall be on forms provided by the Division and shall include certification that construction or abandonment was completed as required by this Section, the owner's name and address, latitude and longitude of the well with a position accuracy of 100 feet or less, diameter, depth, yield, and any other information the Division may require as necessary to depict the location and construction details of the well.
(2) The certified record of completion or abandonment shall be submitted within a period of thirty days after completion or abandonment.
(3) The furnishing of records to any person or agency other than the Division does not constitute compliance with the reporting requirement and shall not relieve the well contractor of his or her obligation to the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 87‑87; 87‑88;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2009; April 1, 2001; December 1, 1992; September 1, 1984; April 20, 1978.