15A NCAC 02C .0227 STORMWATER DRAINAGE WELLS
(a) Stormwater Drainage Wells receive the flow of water that results from precipitation occurring immediately following rainfall or a snowmelt event.
(b) The following Stormwater Drainage Wells are permitted by rule pursuant to Rule .0217 of this Section:
(1) systems designed in accordance with stormwater controls required by federal laws and regulations, state statutes and rules, or local controls adopted consistent with these federal or state requirements; and
(2) roof-top runoff infiltration systems.
(c) Nothing in this Rule shall be construed as to allow untreated stormwater to be emplaced directly into any aquifer or to otherwise result in the violation of any groundwater quality standard as specified in Subchapter 02L.
(d) Reporting. Within 30 days of a change of status of the well, the owner/operator shall provide the following information:
(1) facility name, address, and location indicated by either:
(A) latitude and longitude with reference datum, position accuracy, and method of collection; or
(B) a facility site map with property boundaries;
(2) name, telephone number, and mailing address of legal contact;
(3) ownership of facility as a private individual or organization, or a federal, state, county, or other public entity;
(4) number of injection wells; and
(5) well status as proposed, active, inactive, temporarily abandoned, or permanently abandoned.
History Note: Authority G.S. 87‑87; 87‑88; 87‑90; 87‑94; 87‑95; 89E-13; 89E-18; 143‑211; 143‑214.2(b); 143-215.1A; 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.3(c); 150B-19(4); 40 CFR Part 144.52(a)(7); 40 CFR Part 145.11(a)(20);
Eff. May 1, 2012.