15A NCAC 02D .0951 RACT FOR SOURCES OF VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
(a) Facilities required to install reasonably available control technology (RACT) pursuant to Rule .0902 of this Section shall determine the emissions control level according to this Rule. If the only other applicable emissions control rule for the facility in this Section is Rule .0958, then both this Rule and Rule .0958 apply.
(b) This Rule does not apply to architectural or maintenance coating.
(c) The owner or operator of any facility to which this Rule applies shall comply by either of the following:
(1) install and operate reasonably available control technology as set forth by category specific emission standards defined in this Section; or
(2) install and operate alternative reasonably available control technology based on the Division's technical analysis of the information provided in Paragraph (d) of this Rule. All reasonably available control technology demonstrations, and any modifications or changes to those determinations, approved or determined by the Division pursuant to this Subparagraph and Paragraph (d) of this Rule shall be submitted by the Division to the U.S. EPA as a revision to the state implementation plan. No reasonably available control technology demonstration, nor any modification or change to a demonstration, approved or determined by the Division pursuant to this subsection shall revise the state implementation plan or be used as a state implementation plan credit, until it is approved by the U.S. EPA as a state implementation plan revision.
(d) If the owner or operator of a facility chooses to install reasonably available control technology under Subparagraph (c)(2) of this Rule, the owner or operator shall submit to the Director:
(1) the name and location of the facility;
(2) information identifying the source for which a reasonably available control technology limitation or standard is being proposed;
(3) a demonstration that shows the proposed reasonably available control technology limitation or standard advances attainment equivalent to or better than application of requirements under Subparagraph (c)(1) of this Rule; and
(4) a proposal for demonstrating compliance with the proposed reasonably available control technology limitation or standard.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.107(a)(5);
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2013; September 1, 2010; July 1, 2000; July 1, 1996.