15A NCAC 02d .1103 DEFINITION
For the purpose of this Section, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Asbestos" means asbestos fibers as defined in 40 CFR 61.141.
(2) "Bioavailable chromate pigments" means the group of chromium (VI) compounds consisting of calcium chromate (CAS No.13765-19-0), calcium dichromate (CAS No. 14307-33-6), strontium chromate (CAS No. 7789-06-2), strontium dichromate (CAS No. 7789-06-2), zinc chromate (CAS No. 13530-65-9), and zinc dichromate (CAS No. 7789-12-0).
(3) "CAS Number" means the Chemical Abstract Service registry number identifying a particular substance.
(4) "Chromium (VI) equivalent" means the molecular weight ratio of the chromium (VI) portion of a compound to the total molecular weight of the compound multiplied by the associated compound emission rate or concentration at the facility.
(5) "Non-specific chromium (VI) compounds" means the group of compounds consisting of any chromium (VI) compounds not specified in this Section as a bioavailable chromate pigment or a soluble chromate compound.
(6) "Cresol" means o-cresol, p-cresol, m-cresol or any combination of these compounds.
(7) "GACT" means any generally available control technology emission standard applied to an area source or facility pursuant to Section 112 of the federal Clean Air Act.
(8) "Hexane isomers except n-hexane" means 2-methyl pentane, 3-methyl pentane, 2,2-dimethyl butane, 2,3-dimethyl butane, or any combination of these compounds.
(9) "MACT" means any maximum achievable control technology emission standard applied to a source or facility pursuant to Section 112 of the federal Clean Air Act.
(10) "Nickel, soluble compounds" means the soluble nickel salts of chloride (NiCl2, CAS No. 7718-54-9), sulfate (NiSO4, CAS No. 7786-81-4), and nitrate (Ni(NO3)2, CAS No. 13138-45-9).
(11) "Polychlorinated biphenyls" means any chlorinated biphenyl compound or mixture of chlorinated biphenyl compounds.
(12) "Soluble chromate compounds" means the group of chromium (VI) compounds consisting of ammonium chromate (CAS No. 7788-98-9), ammonium dichromate (CAS No. 7789-09-5), chromic acid (CAS No. 7738-94-5), potassium chromate (CAS No. 7789-00-6), potassium dichromate (CAS No. 7778-50-9), sodium chromate (CAS No. 7775-11-3), and sodium dichromate (CAS No. 10588-01-9).
(13) "Toxic air pollutant" means any of those carcinogens, chronic toxicants, acute systemic toxicants, or acute irritants listed in 15A NCAC 02D .1104.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-213; 143-215.3(a)(1); 143B-282; S.L. 1989, c. 168, s. 45;
Eff. May 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2001; July 1, 1998;
Readopted Eff. July 1, 2018.