15A NCAC 02D .1705 OPERATIONAL STANDARDS
The owner and operator of a MSW landfill required to install a landfill gas collection and control system to comply with Rule .1703(b) of this Section shall:
(1) operate the collection system in accordance with 40 CFR 60.753(a);
(2) operate the collection system with negative pressure at each wellhead in accordance with 40 CFR 60.753(b);
(3) operate each interior wellhead in the collection system in accordance with 40 CFR 60.753(c);
(4) operate the collection system so that the methane concentration is less than 500 parts per million above background at the surface of the landfill. To determine if this level is exceeded, the owner and operator shall follow the procedures given in 40 CFR 60.753(d);
(5) operate the collection system such that all collected gases are vented to a control system designed and operated in compliance with Rule .1703(b)(3) of this Section. In the event that the gas collection and control system is inoperable, measures shall be taken as outlined in 40 CFR 60.753(e);
(6) operate the control system at all times when the collected gas is routed to the control system;
(7) take corrective action as specified in 40 CFR 60.755(c) if monitoring demonstrates that the operation standards and requirements of Items (2), (3), and (4) of this Rule are not met. If the required corrective actions are taken, the emissions monitored shall not be considered a violation of the operational standards of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.107(a)(5),(10);
Eff. July 1, 1998.