15A NCAC 02D .2604 NUMBER OF TEST POINTS
(a) Method 1 of Appendix A of 40 CFR Part 60 shall be used to select a suitable site and the appropriate number of test points for the following situations:
(1) particulate testing,
(2) volatile organic compounds,
(3) velocity and volume flow rate measurements,
(4) testing for acid mist or other pollutants that occur in liquid droplet form,
(5) any sampling for which velocity and volume flow rate measurements are necessary for computing final test results, or
(6) any sampling that specifies isokinetic sampling.
(b) Method 1 of Appendix A of 40 CFR Part 60 shall be used as written with the following clarifications:
(1) Testing installations with multiple breechings may be accomplished by testing the discharge stack(s) to which the multiple breechings exhaust. If the multiple breechings are individually tested, then Method 1 shall be applied to each breeching individually.
(2) If test ports in a duct are less than two diameters downstream from any disturbance (fan, elbow, change in diameter, or any other physical feature that may disturb the gas flow) or less than one‑half diameter upstream from any disturbance, the acceptability of the test location shall be determined by the Director before the test and after his review of technical and economic factors.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.65; 143-215.66; 143-215.107(a)(5);
Eff. June 1, 2008.