15A NCAC 02D .2615 DETERMINATION OF LEAK TIGHTNESS AND VAPOR LEAKS
(a) Leak Testing. One of the following test methods from the EPA document "Control of Volatile Organic Compound Leaks from Gasoline Tank Trucks and Vapor Collection System," EPA-450/2-78-051, published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, December 1978, shall be used to determine compliance with Rule .0932 Gasoline Truck Tanks And Vapor Collector Systems of this Section:
(1) The gasoline vapor leak detection procedure by combustible gas detector described in Appendix B of EPA-450/2-78-051 shall be used to determine leakage from gasoline truck tanks and vapor control systems.
(2) The leak detection procedure for bottom-loaded truck tanks by bag capture method described in Appendix C of EPA-450/2-78-051 shall be used to determine the leak tightness of truck tanks during bottom loading.
(b) Annual Certification. The pressure-vacuum test procedures for leak tightness of truck tanks described in Method 27 of Appendix A of 40 CFR Part 60 shall be used to determine the leak tightness of gasoline truck tanks in use and equipped with vapor collection equipment. Method 27 of Appendix A of 40 CFR Part 60 is changed to read:
(1) 188.8.131.52 "Connect static electrical ground connections to tank."
(2) 184.108.40.206 "Attach test coupling to vapor return line."
(3) 16.0 No alternative procedure is applicable.
(c) Copies of Appendix B and C of the EPA document, "Control of Volatile Organic Compound Leaks from Gasoline Tank Trucks and Vapor Collection System," EPA-450/2-78-051, cited in this Rule, are hereby incorporated with subsequent amendments and editions by reference and are available on the Division's Website http://daq.state.nc.us/enf/sourcetest.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1), 143-215.107(a)(5);
Eff. June 1, 2008.