15A NCAC 02G .0102 PROJECT ELIGIBILITY
The following types of water resource development projects are eligible for state cost‑sharing by the Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources (department):
(1) general navigation improvement;
(2) recreational navigation improvement;
(3) water management (flood control and drainage);
(4) stream restoration (clearing and snagging and limited channel excavation);
(5) beach protection; and
(6) land acquisition and facility development for water‑based recreation sites.
Projects planned and constructed by a federal agency with a local cost‑share and projects without federal assistance are both eligible for state financial assistance. Small watershed projects of the U.S. Soil Conservation Service reviewed by the North Carolina Soil and Water Conservation Commission are not eligible for cost‑sharing under this Section. Questions about eligibility should be directed to the Division of Water Resources, Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources, P.O. Box 27687, Raleigh, N. C. 27611, (919) 733‑4064.
History Note: Authority G.S.143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.70 through 143‑215.73; 143‑355;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1991; October 1, 1984; December 1, 1983; April 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 16, 2019.