15A NCAC 02G .0104 GRANT APPLICATIONS BY LOCAL GOVERNMENT
To request state cost‑sharing for an eligible water resources development project, a local political subdivision or unit of government shall send to the Division of Water Resources an official resolution describing the nature of the proposed project and the benefits to be received from it and requesting a specific cost‑sharing amount (based on the percentages given in G.S. 143‑215.71).
In addition, the resolution must state that the local unit of government will perform the following where appropriate to the nature of the project:
(1) Assume full obligation for payment of the balance of project costs.
(2) Obtain all necessary state and federal permits.
(3) Comply with all applicable laws governing the award of contracts and the expenditure of public funds by local governments.
(4) Supervise construction of the project to assure compliance with permit conditions and to assure safe and proper construction according to approved plans and specifications.
(5) Obtain suitable spoil disposal areas and all other easements or rights‑of‑way that may be necessary for the construction and operation of the project without cost or obligation to the state.
(6) Assure that the project is open for use by the public on an equal basis with no restrictions.
(7) Hold the state harmless from any damages that may result from the construction, operation and maintenance of the project.
(8) Accept responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the completed project.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.72; 143‑355;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1991; October 1, 1984; April 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 16, 2019.