15A NCAC 02H .0108 FACT SHEETS
(a) For all discharges which do not qualify for a general NPDES permit and which have a total volume of 500,000 or more gallons on any day, a fact sheet providing a brief synopsis of the application shall be prepared by the staff and made available upon request following issuance of the public notice. The contents of such fact sheets shall include at least the following information:
(1) a sketch or detailed description of the location of the discharge described in the application;
(2) a quantitative description of the discharge described in the application which includes at least the following:
(A) the rate or frequency of the proposed discharge; if the discharge is continuous, the average daily flow in gallons per day or million gallons per day;
(B) for thermal discharges subject to limitation under the act, the average summer and winter temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit; and
(C) the average daily discharge in pounds per day of any pollutants which are present in significant quantities or which are subject to limitations or prohibition;
(3) the tentative determinations required under Rule .0107 of this Section;
(4) a brief citation of the water quality standards and effluent standards and limitations applied to the proposed discharge, including a brief identification of the uses for which the receiving waters have been classified; and
(5) a more detailed description of the procedures for the formulation of final determinations than that given in a public notice including:
(A) the 30‑day comment period required by Rule .0110 of this Section,
(B) procedures for requesting a public meeting and the nature thereof, and
(C) any other procedures by which the public may participate in the formulation of the final determinations.
(b) Any person, upon request, will be furnished, without charge, one copy of any fact sheet.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.1(c)(2)(a);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1993; August 1, 1988; October 1, 1987.