section .0400 - RISK-BASED ASSESSMENT AND CORRECTIVE ACTION FOR PETROLEUM UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANKS
15A NCAC 02L .0401 Purpose and scope
(a) The purpose of this Section is to establish procedures for risk-based assessment and corrective action sufficient to:
(1) protect human health and the environment;
(2) abate and control contamination of the waters of the State as deemed necessary to protect human health and the environment;
(3) permit management of the State's groundwaters to protect their designated current usage and potential future uses;
(4) provide for anticipated future uses of the State's groundwater;
(5) recognize the diversity of contaminants, the State's geology and the characteristics of each individual site; and
(6) accomplish these goals in a cost-efficient manner to assure the best use of the limited resources available to address groundwater pollution within the State.
(b) The applicable portions of Section .0100 not specifically excluded apply to this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.2; 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.94A; 143-215.94E; 143-215.94T; 143-215.94V; 143B-282; 1995 (Reg. Sess. 1996) c. 648,s. 1;
Recodified from 15A NCAC 02L .0115(a);
Amended Eff. December 1, 2005.