15A NCAC 02N .0404 REPAIRS ALLOWED
The regulations governing "Repairs Allowed" set forth in 40 CFR 280.33 (Subpart C) are hereby incorporated by reference, except that the first sentence of 40 CFR 280.33(d) shall be read: "Repairs to secondary containment areas of tanks and piping used for interstitial monitoring and to containment sumps used for interstitial monitoring of piping shall have the secondary containment tested for tightness as directed by the Division within 30 days following the date of completion of the repair." When determining the required test method, the Division may consider the following:
(1) installation date of the repaired UST system component;
(2) test methods that are third-party certified as being capable of detecting a 0.10 gallon per hour leak rate with a probability of detection (Pd) of at least 95 percent and a probability of false alarm (Pfa) of no more than 5 percent;
(3) codes of practice developed by a nationally recognized association;
(4) written manufacturer's guidelines for installation testing and testing after repairs are conducted; and
(5) test methods developed by an independent laboratory.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(15); 143B‑282(a)(2)(h); 150B‑21.6;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2017.