15A NCAC 02N .0902 NOTIFICATION
(a) Owners and operators must provide notification of installation or replacement of an UST system, UST, or connected piping to the Division in accordance with 15A NCAC 02N .0303. The notice shall also include:
(1) An UST system design.
(2) Equipment to be installed including model and manufacturer and the materials of construction.
(3) Device or method to be used to allow piping to be located after it is buried underground.
(4) A site plan drawn to scale showing the proposed location of UST systems relative to buildings and other permanent structures, roadways, utilities, other UST systems, monitoring wells, and water supply wells used for human consumption within 500 feet.
(5) A schedule for UST system installation or replacement.
(b) Owners and operators must notify the Division at least 48 hours prior to the following stages of construction so that the Division may perform an inspection of the installation:
(1) Pre-installation tightness testing of tanks; and
(2) Final tightness testing of piping before it is backfilled.
(c) Documents showing the following information shall be submitted to the Division within 30 days after UST system, UST, or connected piping installation or replacement is completed and shall be maintained at the UST system site or the owner's or operator's place of business for the life of the UST system. These records shall be transferred to a new tank owner at the time of a transfer of tank ownership:
(1) Certification from the UST system installer containing:
(A) The UST system installer's name, address and telephone number; training and any certification received from the manufacturer of the equipment that was installed or replaced or the equipment manufacturer's authorized representative including any certification number;
(B) An as-built diagram drawn to scale showing: the name and address of the UST system site; the date of UST system, UST, or connected piping installation or replacement; the equipment that was installed including model and manufacturer; the information described at 15A NCAC 02N .0903(b); the method used to anchor a tank in the ground; if the equipment has single-walled or double-walled construction; the year the piping was manufactured and any production code; and the device or method used to allow piping to be located after it is buried underground. The as-built diagram shall also show the location of the installed or replaced UST systems relative to: buildings and other permanent structures, utilities, monitoring wells and other UST systems located at the site; adjacent roadways; and water supply wells used for human consumption within 500 feet;
(C) A listing of the manufacturer's written guidelines, codes of practice, and industry standards used for installation; and
(D) A statement that the UST system was installed in accordance with the design and the manufacturer's specifications.
(2) Manufacturer warranties;
(3) Any equipment performance claims; and
(4) Records of all tightness testing performed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(15); 143B-282(a)(2)(h);
Eff. November 1, 2007.