15A NCAC 02Q .0112 APPLICATIONS REQUIRING PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER SEAL
(a) This Rule shall not apply to permit applications submitted before December 1, 1994.
(b) A professional engineer registered in North Carolina shall be required to seal technical portions of air permit applications for new sources and modifications of existing sources as defined in Rule .0103 of this Section that involve:
(2) determination of applicability and appropriateness; or
(3) determination and interpretation of performance; of air pollution capture and control systems.
(c) The requirements of Paragraph (b) of this Rule do not apply to the following:
(1) any source with non-optional air pollution control equipment that constitutes an integral part of the process equipment as originally designed and manufactured by the equipment supplier;
(2) sources that are permitted under Rule .0310 or .0509 of this Subchapter;
(3) paint spray booths without air pollution capture and control systems for volatile organic compound emissions;
(4) particulate emission sources with air flow rates of less than or equal to 10,000 actual cubic feet per minute;
(5) nonmetallic mineral processing plants with wet suppression control systems for particulate emissions; or
(6) permit renewal if no modifications are included in the permit renewal application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.108;
RRC Objection Eff. November 17, 1994 due to lack of statutory authority;
Eff. February 1, 1995.