15A NCAC 02Q .0112 APPLICATIONS REQUIRING PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER SEAL
(a) If required by G.S. 89C, a professional engineer shall seal technical portions of air permit applications for new sources and modifications of existing sources as defined in 15A NCAC 02Q .0103 that involve:
(2) determination of applicability and appropriateness; or
(3) determination and interpretation of performance of air pollution capture and control systems.
(b) The requirements of Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall not apply to the following:
(1) any source with non-optional air pollution control equipment that constitutes an integral part of the process equipment as originally designed and manufactured by the equipment supplier;
(2) sources that are permitted pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0310 or .0509;
(3) paint spray booths without air pollution capture and control systems for volatile organic compound emissions;
(4) particulate emission sources with air flow rates of less than or equal to 10,000 actual cubic feet per minute;
(5) nonmetallic mineral processing plants with wet suppression control systems for particulate emissions; or
(6) permit renewal if no modifications are included in the permit renewal application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 143-215.108;
RRC Objection Eff. November 17, 1994 due to lack of statutory authority;
Eff. February 1, 1995;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.