15a ncac 02q .0202 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Section, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Actual emissions" means the actual rate of emissions in tons per year of any air pollutant emitted from the facility over the preceding calendar year. Actual emissions shall be calculated using the sources' actual operating hours, production rates, in-place control equipment, and types of materials processed, stored, or combusted during the preceding calendar year. Actual emissions include fugitive emissions as specified in the definition of major source in 40 CFR 70.2. For fee applicability and calculation purposes under Rule .0201 or .0203 of this Section and emissions reporting purposes under Rule .0207 of this Section, actual emissions do not include emissions beyond the normal emissions during violations, malfunctions, start-ups, and shut-downs, do not include a facility's secondary emissions such as those from motor vehicles associated with the facility, and do not include emissions from insignificant activities because of category as defined under Rule .0503 of this Subchapter.
(2) "Title V facility" means a facility that that is required to have a permit under Section .0500 of this Subchapter except perchloroethylene dry cleaners whose potential emissions are less than:
(a) 10 tons per year of each hazardous air pollutant,
(b) 25 tons per year of all hazardous air pollutants combined, and
(c) 100 tons per year of each regulated air pollutant.
(3) "Minor modification" means a modification made pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0515, Minor Permit Modifications.
(4) "Synthetic minor facility" means a facility that would be a Title V facility except that the potential emissions are reduced below the thresholds in Paragraph (2) of this Rule by one or more physical or operational limitations on the capacity of the facility to emit an air pollutant. Such limitations must be enforceable by EPA and may include air pollution control equipment and restrictions on hours of operation, the type or amount of material combusted, stored, or processed.
(5) "Significant modification" means a modification made pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0516, Significant Permit Modification.
(6) "General facility" means a facility obtaining a permit under Rule .0310 or .0509 of this Subchapter.
(7) "Small facility" means a facility that is not a Title V facility, a synthetic minor facility, a general facility, nor solely a transportation facility.
Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1),(1a),(1b),(1d); 150B‑21.6.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1),(1a),(1b),(1d); 150B‑21.6;
Temporary Rule Eff. March 8, 1994 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule is effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996;
Temporary Amendment Eff. December 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2004; August 1, 2002; July 1, 2000.