15A NCAC 02Q .0303 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Section, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Modified facility" means a modification of an existing facility or source and:
(a) the permitted facility or source is being modified in such a manner as to require a new or reissued permit pursuant to this Section; or
(b) a new source is being added in such a manner as to require a new or reissued permit pursuant to this Section.
A modified facility does not include a facility or source that requests to change name or ownership, construction or test dates, or reporting procedures.
(2) "New facility" means a facility that is receiving a permit from the Division for construction and operation of an emission source that it is not currently permitted.
(3) "Plans and Specifications" means the completed application and any other documents required to define the operating conditions of the air pollution source.
(4) "Responsible official" means one of the following:
(a) for a corporation: a president, secretary, treasurer, or vice-president of the corporation who is in charge of a principal business function; any other person who performs similar policy or decision-making functions for the corporation; or a duly-authorized representative of such a person if the representative is responsible for the overall operation of one or more manufacturing, production, or operating facilities applying for or subject to a permit and either;
(i) the facilities employ more than 250 persons or have gross annual sales or expenditures exceeding twenty-five million dollars ($25,000,000) (in second quarter 1980 dollars); or
(ii) the delegation of authority to such representatives is approved in advance by the permitting authority;
(b) for a partnership or sole proprietorship: a general partner or the proprietor, respectively; or
(c) for a municipality, State, federal, or other public agency: either a principal executive officer or ranking elected official. A principal executive officer of a federal agency includes the chief executive officer having responsibility for the overall operations of a principal geographic unit of the agency (e.g., a Regional Administrator of EPA).
(5) "Title IV source" means a source that is required to be permitted pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0400.
(6) "Title V source" means a source that is required to be permitted pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0500.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑213; 143‑215.3(a)(1);
Temporary Adoption Eff. March 8, 1994 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.