15a ncac 02q .0317 AVOIDANCE CONDITIONS
(a) The owner or operator of a facility may request that terms and conditions be placed in that facility's permit to avoid the applicability of:
(1) 15A NCAC 02D .0530, Prevention of Significant Deterioration;
(2) 15A NCAC 02D .0531, Sources in Nonattainment Areas;
(3) 15A NCAC 02D .0900, Volatile Organic Compounds;
(4) 15A NCAC 02D .1109, 112(j) Case-by-Case Maximum Achievable Control Technology;
(5) 15A NCAC 02D .1111, Maximum Achievable Control Technology;
(6) 15A NCAC 02D .1112, 112(g) Case-by-Case Maximum Achievable Control Technology;
(7) 15A NCAC 02D .1400, Nitrogen Oxides; or
(8) other rules of 15A NCAC 02D, Air Pollution Control Requirements or Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations that contain applicability thresholds.
(b) The Director may require the monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting necessary to assure compliance with the terms and conditions placed in the permit that includes an avoidance condition pursuant to this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.65; 143‑215.66; 143‑215.108;
Eff. April 1, 2001;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.