15A NCAC 02Q .0318 Changes Not Requiring Permit Revisions
(a) This Rule applies to sources that are not exempt pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0102 and to facilities that have been issued an air quality permit pursuant to this Section.
(b) An owner or operator of a facility may make changes to that facility without first modifying an applicable air permit if:
(1) the change does not violate any existing requirements or add new applicable requirements;
(2) the change does not cause emissions allowed under the current permit to be exceeded;
(3) the change does not require a modification of a permit term or condition pursuant to Rule .0315 or avoidance condition pursuant to Rule .0317 of this Section;
(4) the change does not require a permit pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0700, Toxic Air Pollutant Procedures;
(5) the change does not require a professional engineer's seal pursuant to Rule 15A NCAC 02Q .0112; and
(6) the owner or operator notifies the Director in writing, using forms provided by the Division, seven calendar days before the change is made. Within 10 business days of receipt of the notice, the Division shall notify the owner or operator of its determination that the change meets the requirements of Subparagraphs (b)(1) through (b)(5) of this Rule.
(c) The written notification from the owner or operator required pursuant to Subparagraph (b)(6) of this Rule shall include:
(1) a description of the change;
(2) the date on which the change will occur;
(3) any change in emissions; and
(4) all permit terms or conditions of the current permit that may be affected by this change.
(d) A copy of the notification from the owner or operator required pursuant to Subparagraph (b)(6) of this Rule shall be attached to the current permit until the permit is revised at the next modification, name change, ownership change, or renewal.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.108;
Eff. June 13, 2016;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2018.