15A NCAC 02Q .0502 APPLICABILITY
(a) Except as provided in Paragraph (b) or (c) of this Rule, the following facilities are required to obtain a permit pursuant to this Section:
(1) major facilities;
(2) facilities with a source subject to 15A NCAC 02D .0524 or 40 CFR Part 60, except new residential wood heaters;
(3) facilities with a source subject to 15A NCAC 02D .1110 or 40 CFR Part 61, except asbestos demolition and renovation activities;
(4) facilities with a source subject to 15A NCAC 02D .1111 or 40 CFR Part 63 or any other standard or other requirement set forth in Section 112 of the federal Clean Air Act, except that a source is not required to obtain a permit solely because it is subject to rules or requirements set forth in Section 112(r) of the federal Clean Air Act;
(5) facilities to which 15A NCAC 02D .0517(2), .0528, .0529, .0534, or .1700 applies;
(6) facilities with a source subject to Title IV or 40 CFR Part 72; or
(7) facilities in a source category designated by EPA as subject to the requirements of 40 CFR Part 70.
(b) This Section does not apply to minor facilities with sources subject to requirements of 15A NCAC 2D .0524, .1110, or .1111 or 40 CFR Part 60, 61, or 63 unless these facilities are required to have a permit pursuant to 40 CFR Part 70.
(c) A facility shall not be required to obtain a permit pursuant to this Section solely on the basis of its greenhouse gas emissions.
(d) If a facility is subject to this Section because of emissions of one pollutant, the owner or operator of that facility shall submit an application that includes all sources of all regulated air pollutants located at the facility except for insignificant activities because of category as defined in 15A NCAC 02Q .0503(7).
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.107(a)(10); 143‑215.108;
Temporary Adoption Eff. March 8, 1994 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996;
Temporary Amendment Eff. December 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000;
Temporary Amendment Eff. December 2, 2014;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2015;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.