(a) An "administrative permit amendment" means a permit revision that:
(1) corrects typographical errors;
(2) identifies a change in the name, address, or telephone number of any individual identified in the permit or provides a similar minor administrative change at the facility;
(3) requires more frequent monitoring or reporting by the permittee;
(4) changes test dates or construction dates provided that no applicable requirements are violated by the change in test dates or construction dates;
(5) moves terms and conditions from the State‑enforceable only portion of a permit to the State- and federal-enforceable portion of the permit provided that terms and conditions being moved have become federally enforceable through Section 110, 111, or 112 or other parts of the federal Clean Air Act;
(6) moves terms and conditions from the federal‑enforceable only portion of a permit to the State- and federal-enforceable portion of the permit;
(7) changes the permit number without changing any portion of the permit that is federally enforceable that would not otherwise qualify as an administrative amendment;
(8) removes non-applicable permit conditions; or
(9) removes references to equipment that has been permanently removed from service.
(b) In making administrative permit amendments, the Director:
(1) shall take final action on a request for an administrative permit amendment within 60 days after receiving such request;
(2) may make administrative amendments without providing notice to the public or any affected states pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0521(a), provided he or she designates any such permit revision as having been made pursuant to this Rule; and
(3) shall submit a copy of the revised permit to EPA.
(c) The permittee may implement the changes addressed in the request for an administrative amendment immediately upon submittal of the request.
(d) Upon taking final action granting a request for an administrative permit amendment, the Director shall allow coverage by the permit shield pursuant to 15A NCAC 02Q .0512 for the administrative permit amendments made.
(e) Administrative amendments for sources covered pursuant to Title IV shall be governed by rules in 15A NCAC 02Q .0400.
(f) This Rule shall not apply to the state-enforceable only part of a Title V permit. For the state-enforceable only part of a Title V permit, 15A NCAC 02Q .0316 shall govern administrative permit amendments.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑215.3(a)(1); 143‑215.107(a)(10); 143‑215.108;
Temporary Adoption Eff. March 8, 1994 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2007; July 1, 1997;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.