15A NCAC 02Q .0708 COMPLIANCE SCHEDULE FOR PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TOXIC AIR POLLUTANT EMISSIONS
(a) The owner or operator of a facility permitted to emit toxic air pollutants shall submit a permit application within six months after the owner or operator learns of an emission of a previously unknown toxic air pollutant from a permitted source that would have been included in the permit when it was issued. The application shall include the information required by Paragraph (b) of this Rule.
(b) When an application to revise a permit is submitted under this Rule, the owner or operator shall in addition to the application, submit to the Director:
(1) an evaluation for the pollutant according to this Section and 15 NCAC 2D .1100 that demonstrates compliance with the acceptable ambient level in 15A NCAC 2D .1104; or
(2) a compliance schedule containing the information required under Paragraph (c) of this Rule for the proposed modifications to the facility required to comply with the acceptable ambient level according to this Section and Section 15A NCAC 2Q .1100.
(c) The compliance schedule required under Subparagraph (b)(2) of this Rule shall contain the following increments of progress as applicable:
(1) a date by which contracts for emission control and process equipment shall be awarded or orders shall be issued for the purchase of component parts;
(2) a date by which on-site construction or installation of the emission control and process equipment shall begin;
(3) a date by which on-site construction or installation of the emission control and process equipment shall be completed; and
(4) the date by which final compliance shall be achieved.
(d) Final compliance shall be achieved no later than:
(1) six months after the permit modification or renewal is issued if construction or installation of emission control or process equipment is not required;
(2) one year after the permit modification or renewal is issued if construction or installation of emission control or process equipment is required; or
(3) the time that is normally required to construct a stack or install other dispersion enhancement modifications but not more than one year after the permit modification or renewal is issued.
(e) The owner or operator shall certify to the Director within 10 days after each applicable deadline for each increment of progress required under Paragraph (c) of this Rule whether the required increment of progress has been met.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a)(1); 43-215.107(a)(3),(5); 143B-282; S.L. 1989, c. 168, s. 45;
Eff. July 1, 1998.