15a ncac 02q .0805 GRAIN ELEVATORS
(a) This Rule applies to grain elevators that only:
(1) receive grain directly from the farm; and
(2) clean, dry, grind, or store grain before it is transported elsewhere.
(b) This Rule shall not apply to:
(1) facilities that process grain beyond cleaning, drying, or grinding; or
(2) facilities that use:
(A) tunnel belts, or
(B) head houses and elevator legs vented to cyclonic control devices.
(c) Potential emissions for grain elevators shall be determined using actual tons of grain received or shipped, whichever is greater.
(d) Any grain elevator that receives or ships less than 588,000 tons of grain per year shall be exempted from the requirements of Section .0500 of this Subchapter.
(e) The owner or operator of a grain elevator that receives or ships:
(1) less than 392,000 tons of grain per year shall retain records of actual annual tons of grain received or shipped at the site. These records shall be made available to Division personnel upon request of the Division; or
(2) at least 392,000 but less than 588,000 tons of grain per year shall retain records of actual annual tons of grain received or shipped at the site and shall submit to the regional supervisor of the appropriate Division regional office, by March 1 of each year, a report containing the following information:
(A) the name and location of the grain elevator;
(B) the tons of grain received and shipped during the previous calendar year; and
(C) the signature of the appropriate official as identified in Rule .0304(j) of this Subchapter certifying as to the truth and accuracy of the report.
(f) The owner or operator of the grain elevator exempted by this Rule from Section .0500 of this Subchapter shall provide documentation of actual annual tons of grain received or shipped to the Director upon request. The owner or operator of a grain elevator exempted by this Rule from Section .0500 of this Subchapter shall retain records to document actual annual tons of grain received or shipped for each of the previous three years.
(g) For facilities covered by this Rule, the owner or operator shall report to the Director any exceedance of a requirement of this Rule within one week of its occurrence.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.3(a); 143-215.107(a)(10); 143-215.108;
Eff. August 1, 1995;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2001; July 1, 1998.