15A NCAC 02S .0503 Prioritization of certified facilities and sites
(a) The Division shall determine the priority ranking of certified facilities and abandoned sites for the initiation and scheduling of assessment and remediation activities.
(b) The Division shall consider the following factors in determining the priority ranking of a facility or site:
(1) proximity of contamination to public and private water supply wells and surface water;
(2) existing or potential impacts to public and private water supply wells and surface water;
(3) existing or potential vapors from contamination entering buildings and other structures;
(4) existing or potential exposure to contaminated soils;
(5) the degree of contamination in soil, groundwater, and surface water; and
(6) any other factor relevant to the degree of harm or risk to public health and the environment posed by the existence or migration of contamination at the facility or site.
(c) The priority ranking of facilities and sites shall be revised annually to reflect updated information.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.104C; 143-215.104D;
Eff. September 1, 2007;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2018.