15A NCAC 02S .0504 CONTAMINATED SITE CHARACTERIZATION
(a) A site assessment shall describe:
(1) The source, types and levels of contamination at the site;
(2) Any immediate actions required to abate any imminent hazard to public health, safety, or welfare or the environment;
(3) All receptors and exposure pathways;
(4) The horizontal and vertical extent of soil and groundwater contamination;
(5) The geology and hydrogeology of the contaminated site, and features influencing the movement, chemical, and physical character of the chemicals of concern;
(6) The current and anticipated uses of property and groundwater at the site.
(b) The Division shall determine the scope of any assessment necessary to adequately characterize a site.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.104C; 143-215.104D; 150B-21.2;
Eff. September 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.