SECTION .1100 – RESIDUALS MANAGEMENT
15A NCAC 02T .1101 SCOPE
This Section shall apply to the treatment, storage, transportation, use, and disposal of residuals. Not regulated under this Section shall be the treatment, storage, transportation, use, or disposal of:
(1) oil, grease, grit, and screenings from wastewater treatment facilities;
(2) septage from wastewater treatment facilities;
(3) ash that is regulated in accordance with Section .1200 of this Subchapter;
(4) residuals that are regulated in accordance with Section .1300 and Section .1400 of this Subchapter;
(5) residuals that are prepared for land application, used, or disposed of in a solid waste management facility permitted by the Division of Waste Management;
(6) residuals that are disposed of in an incinerator permitted by the Division of Air Quality;
(7) residuals that are transported out of state for treatment, storage, use, or disposal;
(8) residuals that meet the definition of a hazardous waste in accordance with 40 CFR 260.10 as adopted by reference in 15A NCAC 13A .0102(b) or that have a concentration of polychlorinated biphenyls equal to or greater than 50 milligrams per kilogram of total solids on a dry weight basis; and
(9) byproduct waste resulting from any process of industry, manufacturing, trade, business, or the development of any natural resource but not from a wastewater treatment, water supply treatment, or air pollution control facility permitted under the authority of the Commission.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.1; 143-215.3(a);
Eff. September 1, 2006;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2018.