15A NCAC 02T .1202 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section:
(1) "Coal combustion products" or "CCPs" is defined in G.S. 130A-309.201(4).
(2) "Dry weight basis" shall mean the weight calculated after the CCPs have been dried at 105 degrees Celsius until they reach a constant mass.
(3) "Flowable fill" shall mean a controlled, low strength, cementitious material that is used primarily as a backfill in lieu of compacted soil and typically exhibits a compressive strength of greater than 30 pounds per square inch.
(4) "Land application" shall mean the spraying or spreading of CCPs onto the land surface, the injection of CCPs below the land surface, or the incorporation of CCPs into the soil so that the CCPs can condition the soil or fertilize crops or vegetation grown in the soil.
(5) "Monthly average" shall mean the arithmetic mean of all measurements taken during a month.
(6) "Pollutant limit" shall mean a numerical value that describes the amount of a pollutant allowed per unit amount of CCPs.
(7) "Source of CCPs" shall mean the point of origin of the CCPs, such as a coal fired power plant's wastewater treatment system.
(8) "Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure" shall mean EPA Test Method Number 1311 as described in EPA publication SW-846, entitled Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical/Chemical Methods.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.1; 143-215.3(a);
Eff. September 1, 2006;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2018.