15A NCAC 02T .1608 REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOSURE
(a) 30 days prior to initiation of closure of a groundwater remediation system, the permittee shall submit the following documentation to the Division:
(1) the reasons for closure;
(2) a letter from the oversight agency authorizing closure of the system; and
(3) a description of the proposed closure procedure.
(b) The following closure procedures shall be followed:
(1) injection well closure procedures as specified in 15A NCAC 02C .0214; and
(2) infiltration galleries shall be closed such that the infiltration gallery will be rendered permanently unusable for the disposal or infiltration of fluids and will not serve as a source or channel of contamination.
(c) Within 30 days following upon completion of the closure of a groundwater remediation system, the permittee shall submit the following documentation to the Division:
(1) a description of the completed closure procedure;
(2) the dates of all actions taken relative to the procedure; and
(3) a written certification that the closure has been accomplished and that the information submitted is complete, factual, and accurate.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-214.2(b); 143-215.1; 143-215.1A;
Eff. September 1, 2006;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2018.