15A NCAC 02T .1608 REQUIREMENTS FOR CLOSURE
(a) 30 days prior to initiation of closure of a groundwater remediation system, the permittee shall submit the following documentation to the Division:
(1) the reason(s) for closure,
(2) a letter from the oversight agency authorizing closure of the system, and
(3) a description of the proposed closure procedure.
(b) The following closure procedures shall be followed:
(1) injection well closure procedures as specified in 15A NCAC 02C .0214, and
(2) infiltration galleries shall be closed such that the infiltration gallery will be rendered permanently unusable for the disposal or infiltration of fluids and will not serve as a source or channel of contamination.
(c) Within 30 days following upon completion of the closure of a groundwater remediation system, the permittee shall submit the following documentation to the Division:
(1) a description of the completed closure procedure;
(2) the dates of all actions taken relative to the procedure; and
(3) a written certification that the closure has been accomplished, and that the information submitted is complete, factual and accurate.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-214.2(b); 143-215.1; 143-215.1A;
Eff. September 1, 2006.