SECTION .0800 – OPERATIONAL practices
15A NCAC 02U .0801 OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
(a) An Operation and Maintenance Plan shall be maintained by the permittee for all reclaimed water generators and closed-loop recycle systems. The plan shall:
(1) describe the operation of the system in detail to show what operations are necessary for the system to function and by whom the operations are to be conducted;
(2) include a sampling and monitoring plan to evaluate quality of reclaimed water within the distribution system to provide quality assurance at the time of reuse, and specify actions to be taken in response to unsatisfactory monitoring results;
(3) provide a map of all reclaimed water distribution lines and record drawings of all reclaimed water utilization systems under the permittee's control;
(4) describe anticipated maintenance of the system;
(5) include provisions for safety measures, including restriction of access to the site and equipment as required in this Subchapter; and
(6) include spill control provisions, including:
(A) response to upsets and bypasses, including control, containment, and remediation; and
(B) contact information for plant personnel, emergency responders, and regulatory agencies.
(b) Irrigation areas shall have a year-round vegetative cover.
(c) Irrigation shall not result in ponding or runoff of treated effluent.
(d) Irrigation and metering equipment shall be tested and calibrated annually, or as established by permit.
(e) Vehicles and heavy machinery shall not be allowed on the irrigation area, except during installation or maintenance activities.
(f) Water level gauges shall be provided for all open-atmosphere treatment lagoons and ponds, and open-atmosphere storage units.
(g) Vegetative cover shall be maintained on all earthen embankments.
(h) The permittee shall keep a log of maintenance activities that occur at the facility.
(i) The permittee shall perform inspections and maintenance to ensure proper operation of the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-215.1; 143-215.3(a);
Eff. June 18, 2011;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2018.