15A NCAC 03J .0203 CHOWAN RIVER AND ITS TRIBUTARIES
In the Chowan River and its tributaries:
(1) It is unlawful to anchor the lead line of any net closer than 50 feet from shore except in the Meherrin River.
(2) It is unlawful to use pound nets in any tributary creek or within 150 yards of the mouth of any such tributary creek of the Chowan River.
(3) It is unlawful to set a pound net within 200 yards parallel to any other pound net in the Chowan River.
(4) It is unlawful to use a seine within 1,000 yards of the mouth of any creek tributary to the Chowan River.
(5) It is unlawful to set a trotline within 100 yards of a pound net from February 1 through May 31.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113‑182; 143B‑289.52;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1991.