15A NCAC 03J .0203 CHOWAN RIVER AND meherrin river
(a) In the Chowan River and the Meherrin River, it shall be unlawful to do any of the following:
(1) set a pound net within 150 yards of the mouth of any tributary; and
(2) set a trotline within 100 yards of a pound net from February 1 through May 31.
(b) In the Chowan River, it shall be unlawful to do any of the following:
(1) anchor the lead line of any net closer than 50 feet from shore;
(2) set a pound net within 200 yards parallel to any other pound net in the Chowan River, in accordance with Rule .0502 of this Subchapter; and
(3) use a seine within 1,000 yards of the mouth of any tributary.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-132; 113‑134; 113‑182; 143B‑289.52;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1991;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2019.