15a ncac 03k .0404 DREDGES/MECHANICAL METHODS PROHIBITED AND OPEN SEASON
It is unlawful to use mechanical methods for oystering or clamming to take Rangia clams or their shells:
(1) within 100 feet of any pier;
(2) within any established bed of submerged aquatic vegetation as defined in 15A NCAC 03I .0101 or salt water cordgrass (Spartina alterniflora) that may exist together or separately;
(3) in areas designated in 15A NCAC 03R .0108, except on shellfish leases and franchises with a Permit to Use Mechanical Methods for Oysters and Clams on Shellfish Leases and Franchises.
(4) in areas designated in 15A NCAC 03K .0204(3) and 03R .0103; and
(5) except in areas and at times specified by proclamation as authorized by 15A NCAC 03K .0201 and 03K .0302.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-134; 113-201; 143B-289.52;
Eff. August 1, 2004.