15A NCAC 03L .0302 SPINY LOBSTER
It is unlawful to:
(1) Possess a egg bearing spiny lobster or a spiny lobster from which eggs have been stripped, scrubbed or removed;
(2) Possess spiny lobster with a carapace length less than 3 inches;
(3) Possess aboard a vessel or land more than two spiny lobsters per person;
(4) Possess aboard a vessel or land detached spiny lobster tails; or
(5) Take spiny lobsters with a gaff hook, spear or similar device. Possession of a speared, pierced, or punctured spiny lobster is prima facie evidence that prohibited gear was used.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113‑182; 143B‑289.52;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1996.