15A NCAC 04B .0106 BASIC CONTROL OBJECTIVES
(a) An erosion and sedimentation control plan may be disapproved pursuant to 15A NCAC 4B .0118 if the plan fails to address the following control objectives:
(1) Identify Critical Areas: Identify site areas subject to severe erosion, and off-site areas especially vulnerable to damage from erosion and sedimentation.
(2) Limit Exposed Areas. Limit the size of the area exposed at any one time.
(3) Limit Time of Exposure. Limit exposure to the shortest feasible time.
(4) Control Surface Water. Control surface water run-off originating upgrade of exposed areas in order to reduce erosion and sediment loss during exposure.
(5) Control Sedimentation. All land-disturbing activity is to be planned and conducted so as to prevent off-site sedimentation damage.
(6) Manage Storm Water Runoff. When the increased velocity of storm water runoff resulting from a land-disturbing activity causes accelerated erosion of the receiving watercourse, plans shall include measures to control the velocity to the point of discharge.
(b) When deemed necessary by the approving authority a preconstruction conference may be required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A‑54(d)(4); 113A‑54.1;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000; February 1, 1992; May 1, 1990; November 1, 1984; March 14, 1980.