15A NCAC 04C .0106 CRITERIA
In determining the amount of the civil penalty assessment, the director shall consider the following criteria:
(1) severity of the violation,
(2) degree and extent of the harm,
(3) type of violation,
(6) extent of any off‑site damage which may have resulted,
(7) effectiveness of action taken by violator,
(8) adherence to plan submitted by violator,
(9) effectiveness of plan submitted by violator,
(10) cost of rectifying any damage,
(11) the violator's previous record in complying with rules of the commission,
(12) estimated cost of installing and/or maintaining corrective sediment control measures, and
(13) staff investigative costs.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A‑54(b); 113A‑55; 113A‑64(a);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. November 1, 1984; April 1, 1978.