15A NCAC 05B .0105 CONDITIONS WHICH MAY BE INCLUDED IN PERMIT
To assure that the operation will comply fully with the requirements and objectives of the Mining Act of 1971, the director may approve an application or reclamation plan subject to certain conditions. Such conditions of application approval may include:
(1) additional erosion control measures to be installed during the mining operation;
(2) a natural buffer to be left between any stream and the affected land;
(3) visual screening such as existing natural vegetation, vegetated earthen berms, tree plantings at staggered spacing, etc. to be installed and maintained as feasible between any affected land and any adjoining property containing occupied buildings or public access within view of the affected land;
(4) erosion control measures to be taken during the construction and operation of all haul roads or access roads to minimize off‑site damage from sediment;
(5) other conditions necessary to safeguard the adjacent surface resources or wildlife.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74‑63; 74‑51;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1992; November 1, 1984.