15A NCAC 05C .0120 MINIMUM DEPTHS
(a) Minimum required depths of charges detonated in holes below the bottom or bed of the inland or offshore waters within the jurisdiction of this state shall be as follows:
(1) five pounds or less 20 feet below the bottom,
(2) up to 20 pounds 40 feet below the bottom,
(3) up to 30 pounds 50 feet below the bottom,
(4) up to 40 pounds 60 feet below the bottom,
(5) up to 50 pounds 70 feet below the bottom.
(b) No part of the charge shall be above the minimum required depth. Irrespective of the minimum depths specified in (a) of this Rule, all charges shall be detonated at sufficient depths to prevent cratering.
(c) These minimum required depths shall not apply to trial charges and charges for determining condition of the weathering layer; provided that such charges are not over five pounds and not fired without permission of the seismic agent and then no more often than absolutely necessary.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑391;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. August 1, 1982.