section .0500 – petition for rulemaking
(a) Any person wishing to request the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule of the Commission shall petition the Director by submitting the information required in Paragraph (b) of this Rule. The petitioner shall submit one paper copy of the petition for each Commissioner plus five additional copies and a copy in .pdf form to:
Oil and Gas Program Division of Energy, Mineral, and Land Resources
1612 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1612
(b) The petition shall contain the following information:
(1) the text of the proposed rule(s) for adoption or amendment;
(2) a statement of the reasons for adoption or amendment of the proposed rules, or the repeal of an existing rule(s);
(3) a statement of the effect on existing rules or orders;
(4) any documents and data supporting the proposed rule(s);
(5) the name(s) and address(es) of the petitioner(s); and
(6) a request to present the petition to the committee in accordance with Rule .0502 of this Section, if desired.
(c) The petitioner may include the following information within the request:
(1) the statutory authority for the agency to promulgate the rule(s);
(2) a statement of the effect of the proposed rule(s) on existing practices in the area involved, including cost factors for persons affected by the proposed rule(s);
(3) a statement explaining the computation of the cost factors; and
(4) a description, including the names and addresses, if known, of those most likely to be affected by the proposed rule(s).
(d) Petitions that do not contain the information required by Paragraph (b) of this Rule shall be returned by the Commission to the petitioner.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391; 143B-293.1; 150B-20;
Eff. March 17, 2015.